Launching and maintaining a blog for your day spa or salon may seem like too much work, but there are several benefits to having a blog and posting content regularly. Day spa blogs are very easy to set up and can encourage both current and future clients to maintain a relationship with you.
Blogging can also help to increase your search engine rankings, and set you apart from the competition. Blogging can help you book more appointments, boost your brand and capture more of your target market. Here are some important tips for launching and maintaining a blog for your day spa or salon:
1. Decide who is going to blog for the spa or salon. Will it be your lead therapist, the spa owner, or your marketing contact? Make sure that whoever you choose to blog for the spa will be maintaining a consistent “voice”. Having too many people post to the blog can confuse your readers and make it hard to develop a solid brand. The message and the voice must be consistent.
2. Publish Regularly. Today’s spa goers are more active on social networks and are reading blogs on a regular basis. You can be the spa or salon that stays at the “top of mind” by publishing fresh content on a regular basis – ideally at least once per week. If you have the time or budget to post twice per week, even better! The goal is to publish content that your spa clients will find informative, and also make your spa or salon more visible online. You also want to be sure to publish content that will be interesting to your readers. After all, what is the point of publishing four times a week, if the content is a snore-fest?
3. Keep your blog posts short. Aim to write blog posts that are about 300 to 400 words in length. Unlike articles and reports, blog posts are “quick reads” and should be written to deliver a single message or focus on a particular trend. Get into the habit of writing very short but informative blog posts reuglalry so that clients will be interested in subscribing to your blog or visiting your site regularly for the altest news. Remember, today’s blog readers have ADD, and a long post will not be read all the way through, and they won’t want to come back to read more.
4. Connect your blog to Social Media, and other bloggers. Most blogging platforms allow you to link your account to your Twitter and Facebook accounts. This means automatically posts a link to your blog post every time you publish. Automating this process can help you promote your latest blog posts with ease, and generate more interest in your site and blog over time. The more social networks you can link to, the better. Another important tip: add links to your posts!!!!
5. Focus on the reader, not just on YOU! Make your blog stand apart from the competition by positioning yourself as a resource for all spa, health, beauty and wellness news, not just a platform for announcing your services or talking about your business. This will help to generate interest from a larger audience, and also position you as an authority in the industry. Think of creative ways to talk about the latest trends, seasonal services, new products and other items affecting your industry so that you build a long-term relationship with your audience.