As a spa consultant, one of the questions I am asked all of the time is “how do I get more customers”? In this short article I am going to share with you my top three tips on how to Attract More Customers. If you implement these top strategies, you are sure to see immediate results.
Are your customers crossing over and participating in all of the services that you offer? If your spa or salon is offering hair services, hair removal services, manicures, pedicures, massage, facials, tanning are they participating in all of the services that you offer? Are you there go to place for all of their beauty services and wellness needs? If not, you have a build in new customer base right user your nose! This is the easiest way to increase new business! Convert these customers into new customers for other areas of your spa/salon. How, you ask?
1. Host a Customer Appreciation Night, by invitation only.
You will offer free mini services, an educational moment and refreshments. You will also give these attendees free samples of the products that you use in the various areas of your business. Please be sure to get support from your suppliers so that you can offer deluxe samples that are substantial for your very best customers (invite your vendors/suppliers to participate and be on site for your event).
Use your computer system to generate a list of your top 100 customers based on how much they have spent in the last year. Ask the staff member that works with this person the most to invite that customer personally to your exclusive event since this staff member already has earned the customers trust. At this event you may offer a discount on a service that the customer has never experienced if scheduled that night or give them a coupon for a discounted first service.
2. Get the word out.
Are you and your staff doing everything possible to get the work out about the exceptional services you offer? You and your staff need to be highly visible in all areas of your town/city. Here are a few ideas…
- Join a networking group
- Get involved as a volunteer for a non-profit or charity
- Join the Chamber of Commerce
- Offer free services to your local schools, homeless shelter or nursing home,
- Sponsor a youth sports team, buy them T-shirts with your business name
- Partner with a local hotel, inn, car dealership, restaurant to offer exciting contacts and promotions while cross promoted your business
- Make sure your website is working for you! How do you know? If you are not getting business in the door from your website it is not working for you!
3. Create a referral program that works.
If you want your customers to refer a friend or family member you must have a generous call to action. A rewards card can work well! This will be different for every business but think about what would make you refer a friend? Also, don’t forget about the staff. It is crucial to have a referral program for the staff to refer business across the spa/salon.