Spring is only 4 days away! Just saying the word “spring” is thrilling. Come spring, we have great weather that allows people to come out of hibernation for some exercise and vitamin D. There is a sense of rebirth and renewal. The same is true for your spa; it’s time to redecorate, refresh and update your spring promotion ideas.
And clients are getting out and want to come into your business. It is time to get some highlights, a body scrub, facial and more. How are you going to get them there? Well, start by reading our promotion ideas for spas and then get your plans into action before you can say daffodil!
- New Client Special – Offer a free retail gift (valued at $20) with any facial service over $75, or a free nail polish with the booking of a deluxe deluxe mani or pedi.
- Create a Spring Newsletter – Creating a newsletter is fun and it is a great way to stay in touch with your spa clients. Content for the newsletter is generated from what is happening inside your business. Introduce any new staff, new services, products and always have a special promotion.
- Client Appreciation Week – Make the first week of April “Client Appreciation Week”. Plan special events for each day of the week, from offering a special buffet of treats, to chair massage, complimentary makeup applications, discounts on your most popular treatments, and complimentary add-ons to client services. Your regular clients will love the opportunity to try new services and new clients will love the energy and excitement.
- A Series Sale – If you don’t offer series, they are a great way to get new spa clients. Popular series are for waxing, nail and manicure services and massage. Promote series to your clients with the incentive of the discounted price from the standard pricing. Typically series can be anywhere from 15-20% off the standard rates. It’s a nice way to build business for the summer months.
- Mother’s Day Special Beauty Packages – Mother’s Day is May 10th and promotions can start 3 weeks before in April. Create some custom packages and promote internally and through your spa’s social media.
Remember, all promotions need to be posted through your spa social media channels, on in-house signage, and through direct email campaigns.
Think fun, catchy language and phrasing. Make your promotion a statement, so instead of Client Appreciation Week, say “We love Our Client BFFs” or instead of Mother’s Day specials, something like “Don’t Neglect Your Mom this Mother’s Day“. Reach your target with friendly, funny, emotion-evoking language. Get your staff involved for more brain power and creative ideas.
Additionally, staff need to know what is planned for the spa and to be excited about it. Hosting monthly staff meetings to discuss your marketing program will keep them informed and generate a buzz. Another spa best practice is to add internal sales and product contests for your staff. It’s basic human psychology to be motivated by goals and rewards. These can be cash prizes, their favorite products, a night at the movies or mall gift certificate.
Posts of Interest: