You have to give love to receive love, and Valentine’s Day is the day. According to CNN, the average person spends $130.97 on the one they love.
So how can your spa capture these shoppers?
The answer is to start your Valentine’s Day marketing now! It’s never too early to get into the heart and minds of your clients. Use social media to promote your treatments and email to clients to get them thinking of your spa as THE place to celebrate this romantic holiday.
Here are 10 easy-to-use spa marketing ideas for Valentine’s Day:
- Create His & Hers combination treatments. Combine pedicures and manicures at a special price, or massages and facials. Make sure to think about the best areas in your spa for accommodating couples treatments.
- Give a gift with a special treatment purchase, such as a hand creme, nail polish (red), fragrance, body lotion or oil. Build the product into the price at a discount. And always make sure that you have enough inventory in stock for your expected sales and gift certificate redemptions!
- Give a lesson: massage therapy for two. Couples will learn to massage the one they love, with a professional guiding them.
- Partner with a local florist, jeweler or fitness studio. Arrange to promote each others services.
- Remember to show some love to your employees by having cookies or a sandwich platter delivered to show your appreciation.
- Give extra rewards to your regular clients by either doubling their reward points during the month of February or offering them a special incentive to cross promote services in the spa.
- Offer a gift certificate incentive: Receive a free or discounted manicure or other service of choice with the purchase of a gift certificate. Make sure you set a minimum purchase amount that makes it worthwhile for your business, say around $125.
- Make your spa have the look of love. Use tasteful holiday accents at your front desk and in your retail areas, waiting areas and restrooms.
- Design your treatments with the shared experience in mind: chocolate, strawberries & champagne (or sparkling juice), and roses. Take your current menu and choose a treatment into which you could introduce a special feature. Maybe it’s your Signature Service with a 1/2 dozen roses included.
- Get your staff on board with promoting and reminding clients of Valentine’s Day. Create an 18 x 24 poster board on an easel with all your special custom treatments. Your clients will thank you for reminding them not to forget the one they love.
Posts of Interest:
- Day Spa Marketing
- Create a Marketing Plan for 2015